Sunday, October 7, 2007

NEWS-COMING SOON etc

SEPTEMBER 23- 2007

As you can see at Tarzan's extras, there is a new addition. I managed to secure a never-before-seen lost check sequence. It is a mute 40 seconds camera test before the actual shooting. We can see the director Orhan Atadeniz, Kunt Tulgar playing Tarzan as a child etc. The release date is likely to be October 10.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

I thought that some people might care to know that I'm about to lay my hands on some "lost" turkish old films.
I had been looking for them and asking for them for 3 years now. Everybody around the world, everybody in Turkey insisted that I should give up on them. I had unleashed the best hounds after those titles. I had made the best connections in the turkish cinema industry. I had offered enormous rewards for the finders.
BUT, even before me, all the strongest collectors had spent a lifetime searching for them. The actors AND directors of those films had been looking for them too! I, too, had pronounced them "officially lost".
BUT, my greek village is known for its crazy people. And like a crazy man, I never ceased the quest.
And NOW, I received official confirmation that many of those titles were discovered in 16mm prints! The guys are ready to make contracts with me, BUT if I don't see screeners of the films I can NOT believe the story. BUT, to get screeners I must pay loads of cash. AND even if the films ARE there, I must pay to acquire them. Plus, the license fees are enormous. And since my sales are going from bad to worse I feel totally frustrated.
As for the titles, I just can't announce them before I actually see the screeners and this will obviously take some time. Besides, right now, I feel as anxious and nervous and frustrated as ever, so here's a nice chance for you to share some of my anticipation and curiosity...

FINALLY...

I thought I'd kill my dvd's prices for a while hoping this will boost sales up a bit. I need urgent cash for my new finds as I explained above. So, as of today until October 31 ALL ONAR DVD'S WILL BE 2 EURO CHEAPER & ALL TURKISH IMPORTS WILL BE 4 EURO CHEAPER!!

OCTOBER 3

I'm afraid I'm getting boring and predictable but as ALWAYS, more fuckups with the TARZAN DVD. I was supposed to have taken the master to the factory last week already.
Suddenly, after an endless remastering, I found out that the sound had been completely discoordinated! The studio guys confessed this was an unprecedented phenomenon.
Then they did what needed to bring the sound back to order and started adjusting the subtitles.
But, for some satanic reason, the english subtitles refuse to sit on their place! They seem to have come alive! They just REFUSE to sit where they're supposed to! And this is another phenomenon according to those frustrated people! They promised everything will be taken care of by this weekend and this Monday, October 8th, the master will go to the factory. And it will be ready for sale after about 10 days...hopefully.

OCTOBER 7

Ok, the master is ready! Tomorrow I'm taking it to the factory and it's quite probable the DVD will be in my hands on Friday 12th.

And I guess you have already checked my next- after TARZAN- DVD, CASUS KIRAN (SPY SMASHER).

2 comments:

Jon Anders Klausen said...

looking forward to your next releases! when i get my hands on some cash, i´ll order the releases i don´t have yet ;)

John said...

This is incredible news, and I'm very excited for you! Unfortunately, I'm still not PAL-NTSC capable yet, but a player is at the top of my Christmas list. The idea that with the purchase of your DVDs I'm helping to preserve film history is very exciting indeed, and rest assured that, even as a poor college student, I will try to pick them up as soon as I can.

I just wanted to offer a little encouragement--what you're doing may not be appreciated by many people, but it is indisputably a great thing, as no film deserves to be lost or forgotten. Please do not give up; we beleve in you, and you're doing something amazing and incredibly worthwhile.